Other ingredients and equipment used will be discussed throughout these pages:
Use only pure, organic, food-quality alcohol, or vodka.
The aloe vera plant has renowned healing properties. it has long, hard, thick, spiky leaves.
In the centre of each leaf is a sticky gel-like substance, that can be taken out as required.
The plant grows easily on sunny window ledges, requires little maintenance, and propagates itself - producing more baby plants which can be repotted.
The plant provides an easily accessible, fresh source of aloe vera, which is the best form to use.
However, aloe vera can also be purchased in water or gel form. Aloe vera is an anti-inflammatory, and can soothe the skin and help heal cuts, grazes, and burns, as well as ease insect bites.
Sodium Bicarbonate (NaCHO3)known to most people as baking sod, is a sodium salt which softens water, relieves itching and is soothing to the skin when used in the bath.
BICARBONATE OF SODA
Sodium carbonate, also known as "washing soda" (Na2CO3).
Always use the pure, unbleached variety of beeswax. This is obtainable from health stores, specialist stores, beekeepers, and from some good quality drugstores and pharmacies.
A pink or white pharmaceutical preparation for soothing and calming the skin. It can be found in drugstores and pharmacies.
This must be organic if used to soothe and soften the skin.
It can help restore the acid mantle of the skin and soothes irritations and stings.
This is a specialized product, with strong antibacterial and antifungal properties.
It is available from some health stores, and through certain network marketing companies.
This is used to help ease sore muscles and stiffness. It is not a water softener. It is available from most drug stores.
A powdered form of glucose, found in most food outlets and drugstores.
This has long been used in European health and beauty preparations. The clay, taken directly from the ground, has healing properties.
It is deodorizing, and cun help the healing of cuts and other skin problems.
only use the very best you can find - a pure organic flower honey. Manuka honey is healing and highly recommended.
Easily found in drugstores and pharmacies.
This is crystallized menthol, extracted from the mint plant family.
It is available from drugstores and pharmacies.
Myrrh tincture is an alcoholic solution of myrrh. It's found in drugstores and pharmacies.
Only use raw, organic oats or oatmeal, found in organic food stores and some supermarkets.
Produced in the distillation of rose oil. The most concentrated form is a hydrolat.
When it is rediluted, it is called rose water. It's used in cooking and skin care for its skin softening and healing properties.
Salt is healing and cleansing. The salt referred to is either se salt or rock salt. The salt should contain as little chemical or additional substances as possible.
VEGETABLE BASED OINTMENT
Usually available from health stores, but may be found in some drugstores.
When water is mentioned as an ingredient - other than for baths and compresses - it means spring or distilled water.
Witch hazel is made from a bush, and comes in distilled, or infused form. It's a mild astringent with soothing and sting-relieving properties.
It can be found in most drug stores, pharmacies, and supermarkets.
ZINC OXIDE CREAM
A cream that contains zinc, which is widely used as a healing medium. Easily available from drugstores and pharmacies.
Reference: Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child : V A Worwood
- Iraqi court may permit marriage of 12-year-old girl whose mother says was raped and kidnapped
- Councils to be forced to care for unaccompanied migrant children
- Boy, 9, can't play football with friends as his skin tears at the slightest touch
- ‘It will save lives’: Legislation to ban child marriage passes first hurdle in parliament
- Father cut up six-year-old son's football shirts as punishment before partner killed the boy, court told
- Baby, 11 months, takes internet by storm as she masters snowboarding
- Three-year-old calls police and climbs over child gate to let them in after mum is knocked unconscious
- Mother ‘forced daughter to chew on glass as punishment for not taking cod liver oil’
- Fire kills four newborn babies at children's hospital in India
- House of horrors mom collected child support on dead son rotting in apartment, prosecutors say
- What To Do If Your Child Has Eco-Anxiety
- ‘A textbook case of a person who abuses children’: Cops say house of horrors boyfriend abused kids for years
- Ed Sheeran makes CBeebies Bedtime Stories debut
- Vaccine side effects: Results of probe linking pregnancy loss to Covid jab announced
- Boy, 10, who struggled to read as 'letters moved' diagnosed with rare condition
- Optician explains how a baby’s sight develops - and the first colour they see is red
- Joe Swash pens sweet tribute to Stacey Solomon and their newborn daughter
- Nursery temporarily shut down as toddler dies after 'choking'
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer attend New York abortion rights rally
- Conjoined twins who were separated as babies still sleep like they're joined together
- Tooth decay in children will be ‘slashed by a quarter by adding fluoride to drinking water’
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to a baby girl
- Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
- Babies ingest at least 10 times more microplastics than adults, study finds
- Aches and Pains
- New Born Babies
- Children - Insomnia
- Babies From 2-12 months
- Spina Bifida
- Equipment Used
- Drug Abuse
- Other Ingredients
- Contact Us
- The Handicapped Child
- Web Links
- Essential Oils for General Purposes
- Hydrolats, Essential Oil Waters, and infused Oils
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children-2
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children- 3
- Basic Care Kit - Children - Essential Oils
- BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
- Corona virus and pregnancy
- Adolescent Acne
- Arthritis (juvenile Rheumatoid)
- Things To Make For Your First Aid Cabinet
- The A - Z of Conditions
- Herbal Healing Infused Oils
- The Basic Care Kit For Children
- Verrucas and Warts
- Caring Touch Massage
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children - 4
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children
- The Cave Man Eating Plan
- Athlete's Foot - 2
We have 42 guests and no members online