BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
This rather scientific name, balanitis, means inflammation of the penis head, the glans. it can be caused by several things, including bacteria, fungi, wearing tight clothes, or having an allergy to the chemicals in diapers or clothes. Diaper rash can also cause it. Balanitis is more likely in boys who are not circumcised.
Signs and Symptoms
Penis is inflamed and sore on tip, or under and around foreskin
if child is in diapers, buttocks and gential area may also be infected
It is difficult to draw back the foreskin for cleaning.
For babies up to 2 years of age, follow the instructions for Daper rash. Essential oils in the bath ease irritation and discomfort. Blend the essential oils together, then for children 2-4 years old use 3 drops of the mix in the bath, for children 5-10 years old use between 4-5 drops in the bath. Mix together.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 drops camomile german
2 drops tea tree
1 drop palmarosa
For babies up to 2 years of age, follow the directions for diaper rash.
Apply a small amount of the ointment as needed.
Half an ounce of aloe vera gel
Half an ounce calendula infused oil
10 drops jojoba oil
10 drops lavender
6 drops geranium
Essential Oils that Help
Lavender- Manuka - Camomile german - Thyme Linalol - Tea TYree - Palmarosa
Ensure the child bathes regularly, drawing back the foreskin gently to clean the area. Dry the penis thoroughly after every diaper change, or tell older children to dry themselves. Then apply the ointment.
If you suspect your laundry powder has caused an allergic reaction in your child, rinse and dry clothes already laundered and change your washing powder with the next wash.
When to Get Help
If an infection appears, or there is pus from the penis, tell your doctor. If the condition does not improve after a few days of home treatment, whether using natural or pharmaceutical treatment, ask further help from your physician.
Ensure good hygiene
Check washing products are not causing an allergic reaction.
Don't let child wear under pants or diapers that are too tight.
Reference:Aromatherapy For The Healthy Child: Valerie Ann Worwood
- Iraqi court may permit marriage of 12-year-old girl whose mother says was raped and kidnapped
- Councils to be forced to care for unaccompanied migrant children
- Boy, 9, can't play football with friends as his skin tears at the slightest touch
- ‘It will save lives’: Legislation to ban child marriage passes first hurdle in parliament
- Father cut up six-year-old son's football shirts as punishment before partner killed the boy, court told
- Baby, 11 months, takes internet by storm as she masters snowboarding
- Three-year-old calls police and climbs over child gate to let them in after mum is knocked unconscious
- Mother ‘forced daughter to chew on glass as punishment for not taking cod liver oil’
- Fire kills four newborn babies at children's hospital in India
- House of horrors mom collected child support on dead son rotting in apartment, prosecutors say
- What To Do If Your Child Has Eco-Anxiety
- ‘A textbook case of a person who abuses children’: Cops say house of horrors boyfriend abused kids for years
- Ed Sheeran makes CBeebies Bedtime Stories debut
- Vaccine side effects: Results of probe linking pregnancy loss to Covid jab announced
- Boy, 10, who struggled to read as 'letters moved' diagnosed with rare condition
- Optician explains how a baby’s sight develops - and the first colour they see is red
- Joe Swash pens sweet tribute to Stacey Solomon and their newborn daughter
- Nursery temporarily shut down as toddler dies after 'choking'
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer attend New York abortion rights rally
- Conjoined twins who were separated as babies still sleep like they're joined together
- Tooth decay in children will be ‘slashed by a quarter by adding fluoride to drinking water’
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to a baby girl
- Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
- Babies ingest at least 10 times more microplastics than adults, study finds
- Aches and Pains
- New Born Babies
- Children - Insomnia
- Babies From 2-12 months
- Spina Bifida
- Equipment Used
- Drug Abuse
- Other Ingredients
- Contact Us
- The Handicapped Child
- Web Links
- Essential Oils for General Purposes
- Hydrolats, Essential Oil Waters, and infused Oils
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children-2
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children- 3
- Basic Care Kit - Children - Essential Oils
- BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
- Corona virus and pregnancy
- Adolescent Acne
- Arthritis (juvenile Rheumatoid)
- Things To Make For Your First Aid Cabinet
- The A - Z of Conditions
- Herbal Healing Infused Oils
- The Basic Care Kit For Children
- Verrucas and Warts
- Caring Touch Massage
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children - 4
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children
- The Cave Man Eating Plan
- Athlete's Foot - 2
We have 21 guests and no members online