Cold Sores (fever Blisters)
Cold sores are caused by the virus, herpes simplex 1. They're caught by kissing someone who is infected, by sharing cups and utensils, or by some other contact. There m ay not be an out break of blisters with the initial infection, and the child may just have flu like symptoms. Once caught, however, the cold sore virus will be with the child for their lifetime.
According to the American Medical Association most affected people had their initial infection when they were between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old.
The virus lives permanently on the nerve-ending where initial contact was made. It may be dormant for the whole of the child's life, or they may be just one outbreak of blisters, or it could turn into a recurring problem. Certain conditions bring the virus out into the open. An outbreak of blisters is more likely to occur if the child is feeling nervous, if they are unwell, run down, malnourished, if the weather is hot, or if they have a viral infection such as flu, chickenpox, measles, and the common cold - hence the term "cold sores"
- Signs and Symptoms
small blisters that come up around the mouth, near the lips, or inside the mouth, on gums, throat, nostrils, or elsewhere on the face.
the blisters eventually rupture, and crust over
blisters last 7 to 12 days
If you have a child with cold sores there are two main things to remember Cold sores come up at the same place, and before the blister appears there is a characteristic tingling in the area. If your child can learn to identify this advance signal, treatment can be given right away, and maybe even prevent the cold sore from erupting. At the very least, the outbreak will be less severe. Secondly, the cold sores are very contagious - especially the fluid in the blister.
It's very important that when your child has a cold sore, they don't touch it because the infection could then be spread to other parts of their body that they touch afterward. Your child should only use their own washcloth and towel, and avoid kissing.
Cold Sore Mix
- This is a mix of neat essential oil. It can be used on children over 2 years of age.
It can be applied to the area when the warning tingle is felt, before the cold sore erupts, or when the cold sore has already appeared. if the sore is open, this will sting, so warn your child before you put it on. Use a fresh cotton swab each time it touches the skin. You will only use a small amount of the following each time.
2 drops camomile german
5 drops geranium
5 drops tea tree
Reference: Aromatherapy For The Healthy Child
- Optician explains how a baby’s sight develops - and the first colour they see is red
- Joe Swash pens sweet tribute to Stacey Solomon and their newborn daughter
- Nursery temporarily shut down as toddler dies after 'choking'
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer attend New York abortion rights rally
- Conjoined twins who were separated as babies still sleep like they're joined together
- Tooth decay in children will be ‘slashed by a quarter by adding fluoride to drinking water’
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to a baby girl
- Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
- Babies ingest at least 10 times more microplastics than adults, study finds
- 'Coaching' parents found to reduce autism diagnosis by two-thirds
- William praises first responders who ‘faces their deepest fears’ to save others
- Stillbirths among unvaccinated pregnant women have DOUBLED in MS
- Josh Homme's kids file for restraining order against him
- Girl, 4, has just a ‘fortnight to live’ without stem cell match, say family
- Hospital review launched after Lord Young’s daughter dies hours after complaining of headache
- One-year-old twins conjoined at the head are separated after 12-hour surgery
- Cardi B gives birth to her second child
- Louisa Lytton gives birth! EastEnders actress welcomes first child
- 'Our baby's heart suddenly stopped': Children dying with COVID at alarming rate in Indonesia
- Teens aged 12 to 15 experienced 'mild to moderate' side effects to jab, study finds
- Pregnant woman with COVID gives birth to baby who died immediatelyPregnant woman with COVID gives birth to baby who died immediately
- Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock welcomes twins with partner Andre Gray
- Alex Jones gives birth
- Kris Jenner 'burst into tears of joy over daughter Kylie's baby news'
- Aches and Pains
- New Born Babies
- Children - Insomnia
- Babies From 2-12 months
- Spina Bifida
- Equipment Used
- Drug Abuse
- Other Ingredients
- Contact Us
- The Handicapped Child
- Web Links
- Hydrolats, Essential Oil Waters, and infused Oils
- Essential Oils for General Purposes
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children-2
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children- 3
- Basic Care Kit - Children - Essential Oils
- BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
- Corona virus and pregnancy
- Adolescent Acne
- Things To Make For Your First Aid Cabinet
- Arthritis (juvenile Rheumatoid)
- The A - Z of Conditions
- Herbal Healing Infused Oils
- The Basic Care Kit For Children
- Verrucas and Warts
- Caring Touch Massage
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children - 4
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children
- The Cave Man Eating Plan
- Athlete's Foot - 2
We have 93 guests and no members online