Girl, three, dies two days after getting rope tied round her neck
A three-year-old girl has died after getting rope wrapped around her neck in a freak accident on the playground of her daycare.
Sophie Biver was at her daycare in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, playing when she got tangled in the rope on Monday May 10.
It's unclear if it was part of a toy or piece of playground apparatus. She was taken to the hospital but died on Wednesday May 12.
Her family is now raising money for the Sanford Children's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit through Caring Bridge.
Their friends have also set up a GoFundMe page for them that has raised more than $44,000 so far.
On the GoFundMe page, a family friend said Sophie died without any pain.
'As many of you know, Sophia was in an accident on May 10th. On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 5:06 pm Sophia Biver left to be with God and all her friends. She passed surrounded in love by her parents, Wendy and Matt. She did not suffer, nor feel pain as she passed.
'Funeral plans are being made and we will update this as soon as we can. At this time, we ask that you do not contact the family unless necessary.
'They are unsure when they will be home, ready for visits, or what they will have for immediate needs, but they know they have a community of family and friends ready to do anything they can,' it reads.
The daycare is not named in any of the fundraisers, and police have not named it either.
Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
We have 20 guests and no members online