The human body is an attractive home for many a tiny creature, intestinal parasites among them. In this section we will concern ourselves with the most common of these, threadworms, but treatment is the same for all worms. Worms inhabit all types of children - the good, the bad and the naughty. It doesn't much matter whether your child goes to the top public school or the local St Trinians, the chances are that at some time he or she may contact worms. Worms can be passed from person to person, direct from faeces or, recent discoveries seem to indicate, simply from breathing in the eggs as they cruise in the air.
Wherever the eggs, happen to be, on toilets, on other people's hands, on objects handled by an infected person or even an object that eggs happen to have laid upon, they can very easily be picked up and transferred to the mouth. Once inside a person, the eggs move through the stomach to the intestine where they develop into a worm. At night, the female worms wiggle their way down to the anus and lay their eggs. This causes the main symptom - itching. Although some would say this is indeed the only symptom, worms could be the cause of your child always being a bit under the weather.
Worms are responsible for weight loss, swollen abdomen, irritability, inability to concentrate, legarthy, headaches and teeth grinding. Although none of these may be dreadfully serious, there seems little point in allowing the little cratures to live off your child when they can be got rid of easily.
Threadworms resemble little pieces of white sewing cotton, about half an inch long. They come out of the bowel in stools and can be seen around the anal area or on toilet paper. as small children have an insatiable curiosity about all things that come out of their bodies it's quite useful to ask the child like the mother who asked her four-year-old daughter to look 'in case the cotton came out'; her child went about terrified that her tummy would fall out because the stiches had come out!
The first line of defense against worms is to teach your children good personal hygiene habits - always to wash their hands after going to the toilet and before eating. All members of the household should have and use their own towel and face-cloth. Any medication for worms given by the doctor or pharmacist will not conflict with essential oil treatment.
The following essential oils are effective used as a tummy rub:
|Essential oils For Worms
||Use 30 drops to 30ml vegetable oil
|Cinnamon||Use 15 Drops to 30ml vegetable oil|
Children in French villages used to wear necklaces made of garlic to prevent them getting worms, nowadays garlic bread or garlic soup is given instead. Certainly worms hate garlic, and a good garlic soup is by far one of the best natural remedies for children. Garlic pills can also help. To counteract the smell of garlic on the breath, chew parsley.
The life cycle of a threadworm is two weeks, so treatment should be at least that long. If one member of the family has threadworms, all members should be treated.Make up an essential oil tummy rub using the quantities above and rub over the whole of the abdominal area for at least two weeks. Double the dose for adults.
Inhaling the oils helps too, so make up the synergistic blend and ad 2 drops in warm baths and 3 drops on a diffuser in the child's room, or in the hot water-bowl method:
|Worms Synergistic Blend
|| 5 drops
Tapeworms, which do look like small pieces of tape, are paralysed by pomegranates and can then be flushed out of the body with a good purge. You can treat your children without their even knowing it provided you can get them to eat pomegranates, followed by prunes, dried apricots, apples or bananas or whatever for the purge.Dried fruits are more effective than the fresh variety for this purpose.
Pomegranates contain an alkaloid drug, pelletierine, which stuns the worms so effectively that it seems a good idea to make a point of this procedure once a year when the pomegranates are in season just to ensure that your child is clear of this particular parasite.
Certainly, if you hear that there is an outbreak of tapeworms at school, this treatment would be a good precaution. If you have pets, make a pomegranate syrup which can be given daily to the child or give one pomegranate three times on the day you worm your pet.
Roundworm and hookworm respond particularly well to chenopodium essential oil which contains ascaridole.
The Fragrant Pharmacy: Valerie A. Worwood
- Iraqi court may permit marriage of 12-year-old girl whose mother says was raped and kidnapped
- Councils to be forced to care for unaccompanied migrant children
- Boy, 9, can't play football with friends as his skin tears at the slightest touch
- ‘It will save lives’: Legislation to ban child marriage passes first hurdle in parliament
- Father cut up six-year-old son's football shirts as punishment before partner killed the boy, court told
- Baby, 11 months, takes internet by storm as she masters snowboarding
- Three-year-old calls police and climbs over child gate to let them in after mum is knocked unconscious
- Mother ‘forced daughter to chew on glass as punishment for not taking cod liver oil’
- Fire kills four newborn babies at children's hospital in India
- House of horrors mom collected child support on dead son rotting in apartment, prosecutors say
- What To Do If Your Child Has Eco-Anxiety
- ‘A textbook case of a person who abuses children’: Cops say house of horrors boyfriend abused kids for years
- Ed Sheeran makes CBeebies Bedtime Stories debut
- Vaccine side effects: Results of probe linking pregnancy loss to Covid jab announced
- Boy, 10, who struggled to read as 'letters moved' diagnosed with rare condition
- Optician explains how a baby’s sight develops - and the first colour they see is red
- Joe Swash pens sweet tribute to Stacey Solomon and their newborn daughter
- Nursery temporarily shut down as toddler dies after 'choking'
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer attend New York abortion rights rally
- Conjoined twins who were separated as babies still sleep like they're joined together
- Tooth decay in children will be ‘slashed by a quarter by adding fluoride to drinking water’
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to a baby girl
- Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
- Babies ingest at least 10 times more microplastics than adults, study finds
- Aches and Pains
- New Born Babies
- Children - Insomnia
- Babies From 2-12 months
- Spina Bifida
- Equipment Used
- Drug Abuse
- Other Ingredients
- Contact Us
- The Handicapped Child
- Web Links
- Essential Oils for General Purposes
- Hydrolats, Essential Oil Waters, and infused Oils
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children-2
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children- 3
- Basic Care Kit - Children - Essential Oils
- BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
- Corona virus and pregnancy
- Adolescent Acne
- Arthritis (juvenile Rheumatoid)
- Things To Make For Your First Aid Cabinet
- The A - Z of Conditions
- Herbal Healing Infused Oils
- The Basic Care Kit For Children
- Verrucas and Warts
- Caring Touch Massage
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children - 4
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children
- The Cave Man Eating Plan
- Athlete's Foot - 2
We have 131 guests and no members online