Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
Amy Schumer has informed fans that she is recovering well after having her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis.
The 40-year-old comedian and actress shared a picture of herself in hospital post-surgery and added the caption: "If you have really painful periods you may have #endometriosis."
The star also posted a video, captured the morning after the operation by husband Chris Fischer, in which she explained: "So, it's the morning after my surgery for endometriosis and my uterus is out. The doctor found 30 spots of endometriosis that he removed. He removed my appendix because the endometriosis had attacked it."
She added: "There was a lot, a lot of blood in my uterus and I'm, you know, sore and I have some, like, gas pains."
© Getty Images The star is recovering well after surgery
Schumer has always been open about her endometriosis pain and fertility, and recently discussed the challenges of trying to have a second child. She and Fischer welcomed son Gene David in 2019.
"We did IVF, and IVF was really tough on me," Schumer told Sunday Today with Willie Geist last year. "I don't think I could ever do IVF again. I decided that I can't be pregnant ever again. We thought about a surrogate, but I think we're going to hold off for right now."
Endometriosis can at times be an incredibly painful condition which sees cells similar to those that line the womb, outside the womb. It's estimated that around 176 million women worldwide suffer from it. In order to get a conclusive diagnosis, many must endure an average 7.5 year struggle from the onset of symptoms.
Actress and writer Lena Dunham has previously raised awareness about endometriosis by openly discussing the pain and trauma she's endured from the condition. In 2018, she wrote a candid essay detailing her resulting hysterectomy that has left her unable to bear children. The star was recently optimistic about the condition and how it has led her to have a better relationship with her body.
Reference: Bazarr :Naomi Gordon
- Iraqi court may permit marriage of 12-year-old girl whose mother says was raped and kidnapped
- Councils to be forced to care for unaccompanied migrant children
- Boy, 9, can't play football with friends as his skin tears at the slightest touch
- ‘It will save lives’: Legislation to ban child marriage passes first hurdle in parliament
- Father cut up six-year-old son's football shirts as punishment before partner killed the boy, court told
- Baby, 11 months, takes internet by storm as she masters snowboarding
- Three-year-old calls police and climbs over child gate to let them in after mum is knocked unconscious
- Mother ‘forced daughter to chew on glass as punishment for not taking cod liver oil’
- Fire kills four newborn babies at children's hospital in India
- House of horrors mom collected child support on dead son rotting in apartment, prosecutors say
- What To Do If Your Child Has Eco-Anxiety
- ‘A textbook case of a person who abuses children’: Cops say house of horrors boyfriend abused kids for years
- Ed Sheeran makes CBeebies Bedtime Stories debut
- Vaccine side effects: Results of probe linking pregnancy loss to Covid jab announced
- Boy, 10, who struggled to read as 'letters moved' diagnosed with rare condition
- Optician explains how a baby’s sight develops - and the first colour they see is red
- Joe Swash pens sweet tribute to Stacey Solomon and their newborn daughter
- Nursery temporarily shut down as toddler dies after 'choking'
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer attend New York abortion rights rally
- Conjoined twins who were separated as babies still sleep like they're joined together
- Tooth decay in children will be ‘slashed by a quarter by adding fluoride to drinking water’
- Princess Beatrice gives birth to a baby girl
- Amy Schumer has her uterus and appendix removed due to endometriosis
- Babies ingest at least 10 times more microplastics than adults, study finds
- Aches and Pains
- New Born Babies
- Children - Insomnia
- Babies From 2-12 months
- Spina Bifida
- Equipment Used
- Drug Abuse
- Other Ingredients
- Contact Us
- The Handicapped Child
- Web Links
- Essential Oils for General Purposes
- Hydrolats, Essential Oil Waters, and infused Oils
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children-2
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children- 3
- Basic Care Kit - Children - Essential Oils
- BALANITIS - Aromachildhood
- Corona virus and pregnancy
- Adolescent Acne
- Arthritis (juvenile Rheumatoid)
- Things To Make For Your First Aid Cabinet
- The A - Z of Conditions
- Herbal Healing Infused Oils
- The Basic Care Kit For Children
- Verrucas and Warts
- Caring Touch Massage
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children - 4
- The Methods - Aromatherapy - Children
- The Cave Man Eating Plan
- Athlete's Foot - 2
We have 117 guests and no members online